Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bye Bye Blondie


So my nickname is Snow, my family have called me that for as long as I can remember and its so ingrained in our extended family and friends that my Uncle only just learnt my real name in the past 5 years. The snow is of course linked to the fine white hair that I was blessed with and the blonde that has become me the rest of my years. I've never not been blonde and my hair seemed to escape the wrath of my teenage years with only a few purple and blue wash-out episodes. Being chesty and blonde is something I own. It's a cliche but I own it with all my Hooters tshirt wearing might. So this challenge was a little bit of a mystery to me and how I would feel about looking different. From a complete vanity view I was of course wondering how much of what I believe makes me look nice be linked to the colour of my tresses. The new hair colour was a bit of a loss to me, I had always thought warm brown for winter was attractive but not really sure it would be vibrant enough for me to still feel like me. Leaving it to the professionals was the best bet and providing them carte blanche to do as they will had my colourist salivating. Thats how I ended up with Copper Hair, also known as ginger, gingher or plain fanta pants. You dont realise what you look like until you walk past a window or mirror, it's at these times when i double check and remember its me not Ronald Mcdonald walking along the street. In all honesty though I must admit its liberating, and exciting and mainly a pretty cool feeling to just be trying something different. I am not sure i rock the red and Fi is definitely missing her blondie but i have opened my eyes a little more and like getting a tattoo or piercing this colouring could be addictive. Next step, round two to try out a warmer brown but with the aim to be back as blonde kat by summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment